Thursday, April 9, 2015

Bits and Pieces - Playdate Thursday Flying Unicorn


Hi everyone! It is Playdate Thursday at the Flying Unicorn and I have a tip on how to use up all those bits and pieces of collections! I always have to have the add ons with collections, you know the tags, the journal books, the brads and chipboard pieces. Yes and I ALWAYS have these things left over long after the collection papers are gone! I now find these leftover bits and pieces are perfect for cards and tags.
 


Lets start the card with some journal pages from the Prima Epiphany collections and chipboard pieces from the Prima Fairy collection.
 

 

I distressed the papers edges and picked out some old Prima flowers…probably from collections years ago.
 
 

Layer the card pieces together and I added some crinkle seam binding and twine.

 
 

Add a couple of gems and brads from another old collection…yes more leftovers…and I added some drops of Shimmerz Inkingz…gotta love the Inklingz!! I even tucked in some bits and pieces leftover from a Creative Embellishments chippy.
 



Finish is all off with dabs of Golden Gesso here and there.
 
 

That is it! Here is another tag I made this month with the same leftovers. I actually love these journal cards now for cards and tags…and I will always buy them with the new collections!  

 
 

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

These tags look gorgeous.. wonderful idea for the little bits leftover!

Joséphine said...

I also love your cards, so very beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Now that's what I call totally clever Shona, love how you used up your scraps, both creations are ever so pretty!
♥Ira’s Crea Corner♥