Friday, October 9, 2015

Pumpkin Card - Flying Unicorn


Hi everyone! Today I have a Build a Card tutorial. It is super simple to make. I wanted to do a pumpkin card and that is where I started. I made two cards..the first is with an older Prima collection and the 2nd with the yummy October Kit from the Flying Unicorn.....Here is the card made with the October kit before we get started.



 


I cut out one full size pumpkin shape, another piece I cut smaller and the top piece is the oval one. When the 3 go together it makes up the pumpkin. I did not have a template I just free cut it with scissors. I added some distress ink to all of the edges for depth.

 


Add some cardboard behind the two smaller pieces.

 


Cut two pieces for the background of the card, the top layer about a ½ inch smaller, Ink those edges too! I also inked up all of the Creative Embellishments chippys with the distress ink.
 


Glue the background layers together and add some faux stitch stamping.
 


Glue the pumpkin together and add the same stamping on the layer edges.
 


I added some burlap string to the bottom of the card and just attached with a stapler.
 


Attach the pumpkin to the card leaving some of the burlap string showing. Start to add some embellishments. I added flowers, chip board pieces, string, sequins and a few other things!

 

 
 


Here are my finished cards. I also added in some Shimmerz Goldie Lox mist and drops of Good As Gold Inklingz to finish the cards off. Well that is it, that is my pumpkin cards!

 

No comments: